- Many factors conspire against men in terms of their health and clinical outcomes.
- Often diet, lifestyle and hormonal factors are neglected resulting in very poor clinical outcomes for men as they age.
- There is incontrovertible evidence that lower testosterone levels can result in a high incidence of aggressive prostate cancers and that lower testosterone levels are associated with the Metabolic Syndrome [central obesity, hypertension, lipid abnormalities, insulin resistance] and an increased risk of cardiovascular risk as shown by the Rotterdam study.
- But how often are testosterone levels measured. How many men go to an early grave due to a multitude of factors relating to the symptoms of low testosterone levels not the least of which are the problems of diminishing libido and erectile dysfunction leading to lower self esteem, a lowered sense of self-worth,spousal dissatisfaction leading to marital dysharmony and family break-ups.
- Neglecting men's health has profound societal ramifications.
- Improving diet and lifestyle factors can help to decrease the risk of the Metabolic Syndrome, increase testosterone levels and decrease the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Under this topic, you will find information on diet and lifestyle that can have a profound impact on health and longevity in men.